About Local 330
Local 330 represents over 340 Career Firefighters serving the citizens of Akron, Ohio. The men and women of the Akron Fire Department are dedicated to saving lives and limiting property loss through aggressive firefighting tactics and life saving EMS skills.
- 13 stations, staffed 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Over 170 Paramedics. All remaining staff has EMT-B certification
- Respond to over 40,000 Fire and EMS runs every year
- 13 Engine companines, 13 ALS Medical Units, 5 Ladder Companies, 4 Command Officers, 1 Hazmat Team, 1 Dive Team, 1 Technical Rescue Team, and 1 Tactical Medical Unit..
- Dedicated to life safety and preventing property loss.